Get an early start on your college education with the Dual Enrollment program at Penn State Fayette, The Eberly Campus!
Penn State Fayette offers an exciting opportunity for high school students to take college courses at a 50% tuition discount. Qualified junior and senior students can prepare for the future by earning college credits, experiencing the workload of a college class(es) and becoming acquainted with a college campus. Credits earned can be applied to a Penn State degree and are part of one transcript, recognized by all Penn State campuses. Credits earned may also be considered for transfer to another institution in the same way as other Penn State credits.
Benefits of Dual Enrollment
- Take college courses taught by Penn State faculty.
- Earn credits toward a Penn State degree while still in high school.
- Begin building a college transcript for course successfully completed.
- Receive a 50% tuition discount on Dual Enrollment classes.
- Access Penn State services with your student ID: library resources, student activities, clubs/organizations, tutoring services, and more!
How to Enroll in the Dual Enrollment Program
Students interested in the Dual Enrollment program must first complete an application and submit all documents to the Penn State Fayette Admissions Office. To receive an application, download the Dual Enrollment Application or see your high school guidance office.
- Complete and submit all documents in your application packet to Penn State Fayette Admissions Office.
Penn State Fayette, The Eberly Campus
Attn: Admissions Office, Dual Enrollment
2201 University Drive
Lemont Furnace, PA 15456
Fax to: 724-430-4175
- Once documents have been received and evaluated, a Penn State Fayette Admissions Counselor will contact students with their enrollment decision and to schedule an on-campus appointment.
- Meet on campus with a counselor to select courses, schedule, and complete remaining documents.
Contact the Admissions Office at 724-430-4130 with additional questions.
Cost and Payment Options
Penn State will offer a 50% discount to all students attending courses through the Dual Enrollment program. An e-mail notification will be sent to your official Penn State e-mail account when the eBill is available to view and/or pay on eLion.
The eBill includes the amount due as well as anticipated scholarships, loans, grants, or other financial assistance.
Please note: NO paper bills will be mailed.
- 3 Credits
50% Grant-in aid—$786
- 6 Credits
50% Grant-in aid—$1,572
- 9 Credits
50% Grant-in aid—$2,358
*Based on PA residency. Tuition and fees are subject to change.
- Tuition can also be paid by mail or in person at Penn State Fayette via check, cash, or money order: Print a remittance stub from eLion and mail it with your check or money order (payable to Penn State). Please include your PSU ID on your check or money order. Do NOT mail cash.
- Tuition can be paid online with VISA, Discover, American Express or MasterCard credit cards. Please note: There is a 2.5% convenience fee for each payment made by credit card.
Deferred Payment Plan:
If you enroll in Penn State’s deferred payment plan, you may pay your tuition bill in installments over three months.
- Includes a $45 non-refundable fee (due with first payment).
- You can sign up for the deferred payment plan at receipt of your tuition bill (instructions are on bill).
- Pay the first third of the bill by the due date (remember to include the $45 deferment fee with initial payment) and you will receive electronic notification of your subsequent installments in advance of their due dates.
- A $20 late fee will apply if installments are not paid by their due dates.
For any questions regarding tuition bills or payments, contact the Bursar’s Office at 724-430-4171.
Available Courses for Summer 2017
- CAS 100 Effective Speech—On campus
- COMM 150 The Art of Cinema—Online
- ECON 102 Introductory Microeconomic Analysis and Policy—Online
- ECON 104 Introductory Macroeconomic Analysis and Policy—Online
- HDFS 129 Introduction to Human Development and Family Studies—Online
- HIST 3 The American Nation: Historical Perspectives—Online
- HIST 155 America Business History—Online
- INART 1 The Arts—Online
- LER 100 Employment Relations—Online
- PSYCH 100 Introduction to Psychology-Online
- SOC 1 Introductory Sociology —Online
- STAT 200 Elementary Statistics—On campus
For more course information, such as descriptions, dates, and times, please visit LionPATH.
Compliance with Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law (PACPSL)
Annually, over 600 high school students schedule college courses from a multitude of disciplines at Penn State campuses.
Per recent changes to the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law (PACPSL), Penn State Fayette, The Eberly Campus will continue to provide courses for qualified dual enrolled students, fully compliant with the required background checking requirements listed below: Faculty who teach classes in which dual enrolled students under the age of 18 are registered, as well as staff who provide professional or support services, such as advising, counseling, or tutoring and students who serve in peer roles such as advising, mentoring, or tutoring to these students, are required by State law to have the following three clearances: Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check (SP4-164), Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance Form (CY-113) and Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check (Criminal History Report). Effective January 1, 2016, all individuals (current employees and new hires) interacting with dual enrolled students under the age of 18 are required to have valid clearances in place.
In order to ensure compliance in all future semesters, Penn State Fayette will identify sections of courses that typically enroll the most high school students and can confirm that faculty teaching these courses have completed the required background checks. This course list will be shared with current and future dual enrolled students through their guidance counselors and academic advisers and through print and web information. In addition, staff and students who provide services such as academic advising, tutoring and mentoring will be required to complete the three required background checks. Questions regarding Penn State Fayette compliance with PACPSL can be directed to Tricia Homonai, Dual Enrollment Coordinator, 724-430-4285 or firstname.lastname@example.org.