Congratulations on enrolling in the Pathway to Success: Summer Start (PaSSS) at Penn State Fayette. Now that you have enrolled, it’s time to begin the next steps.
- You may quality for financial aid to help with covering costs of the program. Submit your current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Participating students will be offered an on-campus job, which will start in the fall of 2020 and continue into spring 2021, at the rate of $10/hour with the potential to earn up to $1,000.
- You will also receive more information from Ms. Missy Hnatkovich in the Human Resources office at Penn State regarding background checks necessary for your on-campus employment. Please do not obtain any background checks until you receive detailed instruction from Ms. Hnatkovich.
- Under Pennsylvania Child Labor Act, work permits will be required for students under 18 years of age. A high school graduate must obtain a work permit from the school district where the employer is located or at the college or trade school they are attending.
- The minor must have a transferable work permit issued by his/her Pennsylvania school district. Work permits from other states cannot be used therefore out of state minors will need to get a work permit from their respective high school district. If the minor has never had a transferable work permit, he/she must get an application for a permit from the school district.
- The application form for the transferable work permit must be filled out by the parent, a physician, and the hiring work unit.
- The application form for the transferable work permit then must be returned to the school district, which will issue the transferable work permit.
- The minor must take the transferable work permit to HR so that a photocopy can be made for the employee's file. The HR office must note on the work permit the occupation in which the minor is being employed. The original is returned to the minor, who maintains possession.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to Sherry Scully, Interim Student Aid Coordinator at [email protected], or by phone at 724-430-4132.