Regardless of which campus you apply, there is only one Penn State application. You can access the online application through your MyPennState profile.
In addition, the required supporting documents are the same for each campus that makes up Penn State University. That means you will submit the same credentials for review whether you apply to Penn State Fayette, Penn State Harrisburg, or Penn State University Park.
In addition to your online Penn State application, the following supporting documents are required to complete your application:
- $65 non-refundable application fee
- An official copy of your high school transcript
- SAT or ACT scores (either official score report from College Board/ACT or scores listed directly on your high school transcript)
- An official transcript from any college or university at which you previous attempted to earn credits (including any credits earned while still in high school)
Penn State University encourages students to submit their online application and all required supporting documents prior to the November 30 priority application deadline.
Application evaluation for first-year student admission decisions are made on the basis of several combined factors including:
- High school grade-point average (GPA)
- High school course requirements (review the required courses)
- Standardized test scores (SAT or ACT)
- Weighted average or class rank for students who have taken AP/Honors courses
- Optional personal statement and activity list
Evaluation of the high school transcript and your high school grade-point average (GPA) accounts for approximately two-thirds of the admission decision.
The remaining one-third is based on other factors, including standardized test scores, class rank, the personal statement, and activities list. The optional personal statement and activity list are sometimes considered for students whose applications require additional review.
Penn State does not have a minimum GPA or standardized test score used for admission: we consider a combination of your GPA and standardized test scores, as well as the factors listed above. However, each campus may have different admissions standards for admission. Admission to one Penn State campus does not guarantee admission to any other campus.