Thank you for your interest in Penn State University. The following check sheet is designed to walk you through the admissions process. The steps outlined below are the same for any Penn State campus. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
A completed application includes:
- Online application
- Transcripts from all colleges attended
- $65 application fee (Waived if you visit campus.)
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Create your MyPennState Profile and Apply Online
All Applications to Penn State must be submitted through an online MyPennState profile.
- Go to Penn State’s MyPennState profile website
- Click on "Create a MyPennState Profile" button
- Follow the steps and answer the appropriate information about yourself
- Write down your assigned User ID and Password. You will need this information to log back into your MyPennState profile and check the status of your application.
*A credit card is required to submit the $65.00 application fee. Penn State Fayette will waive the standard $65 application fee when you visit campus and meet with an admissions counselor!
- Submit your Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
As of September 1, 2017, all applicants are required to submit a Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) in place of an official high school transcript. The SRAR will be a significant component in determining admission. Find Frequently Asked Questions about SRAR.
- Submit your SRAR via your Penn State application or through the Coalition for Access, Affordability, and Success application.
- SRAR required information includes completed courses, grades, cumulative GPA, and class rank.
- We strongly recommend that students obtain an official high school transcript to ensure information accuracy.
- Submit all previous Post-Secondary (College/University) Transcripts
Regardless of whether you will be transferring credits from a prior institution or not, you must submit official transcripts from ALL previous institutions that you have attended. Penn State uses this information both to make a decision on your admissions application and to evaluate your previous credit for transfer to Penn State.
- Check the status of your application
You can log into your MyPennState profile at any time to see the status of your application, schedule a campus visit, or accept your offer of admission. If you have trouble logging into your MyPennState profile, please contact the Penn State Fayette admissions office.
Penn State University will communicate with you regarding your application through a number of methods but primarily through the email address that you provide on your admissions application. Please check this email often so you receive timely updates regarding your application.
Please note: It is your responsibility to check on the status of your application and send us any missing materials.
NOTE: Penn State Undergraduate Admissions Office determines which credits will transfer into the University. The academic unit to which the student has been admitted determines how credits will be used to fulfill degree requirements in the student’s program of study.