University Police and Public Safety is responsible for the protection of and service to Penn State's students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In addition, University Police and Public Safety is charged with the protection of property and maintenance of order as well as the enforcement of both the laws of the Commonwealth and University regulations. University Police and Public Safety has full law enforcement authority.
We serve and protect our community with respect, professionalism and accountability; while striving for excellence.
It is the vision of the Penn State University Police and Public Safety Department to:
- Become a leader in innovative campus policing and public safety practices
- Engage stakeholders in problem solving and crime prevention strategies
- Provide consistent professional and value-added service to our communities
- Establish a cohesive, inclusive and innovative work environment
- Establish a resilient University
- Maintain a commitment to excellence.