The first step that interested students should take is to contact their school counselor to discuss dual credit enrollment at Penn State Fayette. Students can also contact the Penn State Fayette Admissions Office at [email protected] or 724-430-4130.
Students must complete the Non-Degree Dual Credit Enrollment Form that can be found on the Penn State Undergraduate Admissions Dual Credit Enrollment webpage. In addition, students must complete the Nondegree High School Supplemental Form. The student should complete both forms and submit them to the high school counseling office or to the Penn State Admissions Office at the campus where the student wishes to participate.
Steps to apply
- Review the list of approved dual enrollment courses for the semester in which you are interested.
- Go to Penn State’s Dual Credit Enrollment page and click on the link for the nondegree high school enrollment form. Fill out the form and print it.
- Print and complete the Nondegree High School Supplemental Form, being sure to indicate the class(es) you want to take. If you want a counselor to contact you to discuss course options, leave the course selection section blank.
- Scan and email both completed forms to [email protected] or fax them to 724-430-4175.
- Ask your school counselor to email a copy of your high school transcript to [email protected] or fax it to 724-430-4175. Students may also provide their completed forms to their school counselor to submit along with the transcript.
- Students who have not completed their 11th grade year of high school must also submit a letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, counselor, or principal.
Please know that depending on the class requested, students may be required to take an online math placement test.
Students can enroll in many lower-division classes, as long as the student has met all required prerequisite courses and has successfully completed any required placement tests. Please review our current course offerings.
Because of the time necessary for the campus to evaluate the application, arrange for academic advising, and coordinate any necessary placement tests, students must submit their registration form and high school transcript at least two weeks prior to the start of the semester.