Penn State Fayette is just what you're looking for!
Did you know that 71% of today's college students attend more than one college or university before they graduate with a bachelor's degree?
Your journey may have started somewhere else, but attending Penn State can be a turning point. Penn State is globally recognized. Though the University system has 20 undergraduate campus locations, it is “one campus,” geographically disbursed throughout the state. It is one of the most recruited universities with the largest alumni base—726,000 living alumni.
When you transfer to Penn State Fayette, you take an important step toward achieving academic and career success. Penn State's admission, orientation, and academic advising staff will help you reach your goals.
Are you a Transfer Student?
Students are eligible to transfer to Penn State Fayette if they:
- Have earned a high school diploma or a GED
- Are in good academic standing at your previous college(s)
- Have attempted or will have attempted 18 or more semester hours of college course work at a regionally accredited college/university before enrolling at Penn State
- Please note: Transfer status is based on credits earned after high school graduation.
What we offer
How does Penn State Fayette respond to the needs of today's transfer students?
- Student-centered philosophy that infuses the academic and out-of-the-class experience
- Relationship-orientated campus environment
- World-class, affordable education with brand recognition
- Opportunities to study abroad with embedded course offerings
- Emphasis on experiential opportunities, including research, internships and community service
- Internship opportunities in Fayette are numerous and diverse
- Small class size
- Mentoring and coaching from award-winning faculty at Penn State University
At Penn State Fayette, we pride ourselves in being transfer friendly. Penn State Fayette provides a welcoming atmosphere and streamlined approach to the application and admissions process.
Are you a WCCC student transferring to Penn State Fayette?
Penn State Fayette and Westmorland County Community College (WCCC) have a comprehensive articulation agreement, which allows many WCCC students to complete their coursework and transfer to Penn State to complete a baccalaureate or other advanced degree. Penn State will waive the application fee for any WCCC transfer student who applies to the University. For more information, be sure to send an email to [email protected] to learn how you can have your Penn State application fee waived.
To see how your credits will transfer, go to Evaluate Transfer Credits Online .
How to Apply
- Create a MyPennState profile
Note: If you schedule an appointment with Admissions, we’ll waive the $65 application fee. Check out how to apply for free.
- Fill out the application in your MyPennState profile. Have a copy of your high school transcripts and SAT or ACT scores available to fill out the Self-Reported Academic Record.
- Review your MyPennState checklist for prompts to ensure all required supporting materials have been received. These may include: official final high school transcript, GED, college transcript, or DD 214, as well as SAT or ACT scores, if applicable. These may be mailed or faxed to our Admissions office. Once all materials have been received, your application will be considered complete.
- After receiving your offer of admission, pay the $230 registration fee. Students planning to live on campus should also pay the $100 housing fee and complete the online housing contract.
- Congratulations! You’re officially a Penn Stater. Check your email regularly for information about taking the ALEKS assessment and New Student Orientation.