Veterans on campus

Benefits for Military Veterans at Penn State Fayette

Benefits for Military Veterans at Penn State Fayette

In-State Tuition Rates for Veterans & Others Eligible for VA Education Benefits- Individuals or veterans eligible to receive any VA educational benefit will receive the in-state tuition rate, regardless of service time.

Priority Course Registration

Newly admitted students schedule their courses for their first semester at Penn State during New Student Orientation. After that, enrolled veterans are eligible for priority (early) course registration. Priority registration allows veterans to schedule classes ahead of the general student population.

To receive priority course registration, you will need to submit to Penn State Fayette:

  • A copy of your DD214 Member 2 or 4 copy (if you are a Veteran),
  • A letter from your command including dates and characterization of service (if you are actively serving),
  • Your Penn State I.D. number,
  • Your Penn State email

For more information about Priority Registration:

Veteran Recognition at Commencement—Penn State recognizes those who have honorably served or are currently serving in the United States Armed Forces by awarding a red, white, and blue honor cord to be worn during commencement exercises in recognition of their duty and sacrifice. 

Student Veterans Organization on Campus—Penn State Fayette Student Veterans Organization is a club on campus that meets regularly throughout out the semester. The club participates in campus and community events thorough-out the year. 

Deferred Tuition—Veteran students in degree status are granted the privilege of deferring tuition during their first term. Deferments can be obtained from the Bursars office located in the Williams Builing. Please remember that tuition deferment is a privilege, and tuition must be paid by the next semester registration deadline in order to register for that semester. Timely payment will help to ensure that this privilege exists for all future first-semester Veteran students. 

Military Credits—If you are designated as a degree-seeking student, you may be eligible to receive physical education credits or health credits for your time in the military. It is necessary to have served for more than one year on active duty and to have obtained an Honorable Discharge. 
(GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at