At Penn State, we have made a commitment to the highest standard of ethical behavior among all in our community. As a part of that commitment, we believe that our employees and students should be able to raise questions or voice concerns about workplace and University issues. This includes financial matters such as fraud, theft of University assets, or conflicts of interest; and other misconduct or violations of University policy, including research compliance matters, discrimination, athletics-compliance issues, or sexual misconduct.
All reports can be anonymous so you can help maintain an ethical workplace and University without fear of retaliation. We have made a commitment to ethical behavior and are asking you to do the same. If you witness questionable activity in the workplace, report it.
- All reports to the hotline can be anonymous.
- An independent third party, The Network, Inc., administers the hotline on behalf of Penn State.
- The operators answering the calls are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and are trained in making callers feel at ease and gathering information that will enable the University to fully investigate the issues raised.
- The hotline system allows an individual to follow up, either by telephone or the Internet, to obtain status updates. They can be accessed by using passwords related to the specific complaint.
- When something is reported, it is forwarded to our office where the concerns are investigated or sent on to another appropriate Penn State department for investigation.
- Penn State Fayette Security—724-430-4120
- Personal Counseling—724-430-4122
- Campus Nurse—724-430-4137
- Behavioral Threat Management Team Hotline: 1-855-863-BTMT (2868)
- University Ethics Policies and University Statement on Conflicts of Interest and Commitment
- Code of Conduct
- Rock Ethics Institute
- Sexual Assault & Relationship Violence: 800-560-1637
- Sexual Harassment and Assault Reporting
- Report Bias
Our Community Resources
- Emergency Medical Services—911
Ambulance, Police, Fire
- State Police—724-439-7111
- Attorney General Hotline: 814-863-1053
- Fayette County/Chestnut Ridge 24-Hour Crisis Line—724-437-1003
- Chestnut Ridge Counseling/Emergency—724-437-1007
- Crime Victims Center—724-437-3737
- Family Abuse Council Hotline—724-439-9500
- Fayette County Drug and Alcohol Council—724-438-3576
- Fayette County Domestic Violence Services—724-439-9500
- SPHS Behavior health Outpatient Detox Services—724-628-3435
- Department of Health—724-439-7400
- Fayette County Behavorial Health Admisinstration—724-430-1370
- Ombudsman Service—1-877-213-3031
- Mental Health Association in Fayette County—724-438-6738
- Medical Assistance Transportation Program (MATP)—724-439-7002
- Sexual Assault & Relationship Violence-AWARE: 888-981-1457
- National Domestic Violence Hotline or telephone: 800-799-7233
- National Sexual Assault Hotline (RAINN) or telephone: 800-656-4673
- Look Out for Child Abuse
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline—988
- Suicide and Crisis Chat—IMALIVE
- The Trevor Project - Crisis intervention and Suicide prevention for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth—1-866-488-7386
- Veterans Crisis Line—1-800-273-8255 Press 1