LEMONT FURNACE, Pa. — Penn State Fayette, The Eberly Campus honored faculty and staff retirees and recipients of annual awards at the 2022 Retirement and Recognition Celebration on Dec. 9.
Charles Patrick, chancellor and chief academic officer, presented the awards. Established in 1979, the monetary awards are supported by the Fayette Campus Endowment Fund, along with several family endowments.
- The Staff Excellence award was presented to Brandy Burke, administrative support assistant.
- The Faculty Excellence in Teaching award was presented to Aris Karagiorgakis, assistant teaching professor of psychology.
- The Faculty Excellence in Service award was presented to Nathaniel Bohna, associate teaching professor of engineering.
- The Ellen M. Laun Advising Excellence award was presented to Jo Ann Jankoski, associate professor of human development and family studies.
- The Barbara B. Solesky Support Staff Service Excellence award was presented to Brandy Burke, administrative support assistant.
Years of service
- Dan Bowers, IT support specialist
- Jason Hayes, police officer
- Aris Karagiorgakis, assistant teaching professor of psychology
- Barbara Koffler, director of continuing education
- Theresa Lee, lecturer in psychology
- Sandra Quarrick, financial manager
- Doug Rutledge, assistant teaching professor of physics
- Shannon Sankey, writer and social media strategist
- Samantha Swetz, assistant athletic director
- Meghan Uphold, information resources and services support specialist
- Ajaya Warrier, assistant teaching professor of chemistry
- Scott Blocker, maintenance worker
- Mary Budinsky, learning center coordinator
- Derek Minor, janitorial worker
- Brian Peck, maintenance worker
- Chris Cupplo, janitorial worker
- Joshua Trump, maintenance worker
- Jeff Medvec, IT manager
- Chad Long, director of student affairs
- Brad Whitsel, associate professor of political science
- Janet Kowalczyk, administrative support assistant in the Office of Development, has retired after 19 years of service.
- Janet Ritenour, instructor in the Ross and Carol Nese College of Nursing, has retired after 28 years of service.