LEMONT FURNACE, Pa. — Penn State Fayette, The Eberly Campus honored faculty and staff retirees and recipients of annual awards at the 2021 Retirement & Recognition Celebration, held in-person and virtually on Dec. 3.
Charles Patrick, chancellor and chief academic officer, presented the awards. Established in 1979, the monetary awards are supported by the Fayette Campus Endowment Fund, along with several family endowments.
The Staff Excellence Award was presented to Sandra Quarrick, financial manager.
The Faculty Teaching Excellence Award was presented to Pamela Pologruto, associate teaching professor of physical therapist assistant and academic coordinator of clinical education.
The Faculty Research Excellence Award was presented to Julio Palma, assistant professor of chemistry.
The Ellen M. Laun Advising Excellence Award was presented to Kati Porter, assistant teaching professor of biology.
The Barbara B. Solesky Support Staff Service Excellence Award was presented to Dan Bowers, information technology support specialist.
Years of service
- Glenna Cernuska, assistant teaching professor of nursing
- Julio Palma, assistant professor of chemistry
- Valerie Vanderhoff, assistant teaching professor of nursing
- LaVarr McBride, assistant teaching professor in administration of justice
- George Martin, technology services
- Elaine Barry, associate professor of human development and family studies
- Bill Hager, marketing and web specialist
- Sharon Rendine, finance and business services
- Gib Prettyman, associate professor of English
- Rita Gumbert, financial manager, has retired after 31 years of service.
- Cheryl Tkacs, instructional designer, has retired after 15 years of service.