LEMONT FURNACE, Pa. — Penn State Fayette, The Eberly Campus has announced the winners of the Fall 2022 Learning Fair. The event was held on Dec. 8 in the auxiliary gym.
Students presented class projects and undergraduate research projects completed under the guidance of faculty advisers over the course of the fall semester. A panel of faculty, staff and guest judges reviewed class projects, and faculty judges reviewed undergraduate research entries in their respective disciplines.
Undergraduate Research Category
- First Place: Maggi Bubonovich, “Development of Titanium Dioxide-Curcumin Analogs for Photocatalysis” (Faculty Mentor: Ajay Warrier)
- Second Place: Kerstin Nutt, “How Family Experiences in Childhood are Related to Individual Development of Self-Esteem” (Faculty Mentor: Aris Karagiorgakis)
- Third Place (tie): Salanieta Waqanivalu, “Pool Sensor” (Faculty Mentor: Rasoul Milasi)
- Third Place (tie): Zachary Allamon and Erica Yozie, “Numerical Analysis of Nonlinear Wave Equations” (Faculty Mentor: Andy Royston)
Class Project Category
- First Place: Mattie Perkins and Nathan Spaugy, “Water and Sunlight Monitor for Plants” (Faculty Mentor: Rasoul Milasi)
- Second Place: Abigail Bradley-Rash and Josue Phillips, “Immigration” (Faculty Mentor: Valerie Vanderhoff)
- Third Place: Dylan Wilson, “Text to Morse Code” (Faculty Mentor: Rasoul Milasi)