The EMS Programs at Penn State Fayette are committed to helping students begin and continue their professional development within the EMS industry. While responding to community healthcare needs, our programs equip students with the knowledge and technical skills necessary to become competent, pre-hospital basic and advanced life support providers. These quality education programs are dedicated to serve the educational needs of our service area and beyond, with a strong commitment to excellence.
The faculty and staff for the paramedic program are devoted to ensuring that entry-level paramedics are competent, confident, and successful in meeting the needs of the communities they serve, as well as the ever-evolving industry.
Upon successful completion and certification, the paramedic is qualified to perform advanced emergency care. Course consists of online assignments, didactic and classroom skill competencies, and additional hours of clinical and field internship. Paramedics are trained in the recognition, assessment, and advanced management of a patient suffering any type of emergency. Paramedics function under the direction of a medical doctor and can perform their role in a pre-hospital or other appropriate setting.
Penn State Fayette is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) issued by the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). This is a five (5) year accreditation confirming our program meets or exceeds the national standards in paramedic education.
Graduate outcomes are compared in a four-year period analyzing the following data:
- Total number of graduates
- Passing rate of the National Registry Written Exam
- Passing rate of the National Registry Practical Exam
- Retention rate of graduates remaining in the EMS industry
- Paramedic job placement with 6 months of graduation
* There were no program graduates in 2015 and 2017.
*Must be 18 years of age or older and a Pennsylvania State Certified Emergency Medical Technician to enroll in this course.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and a Pennsylvania Certified Emergency Medical Technician to enroll in this course.
- Online registration is available when a specific class dates have been scheduled. Online registration requires payment in full.
- Payment plan options available. Contact 724-430-4211 or 724-430-4217 to discuss.
- If you are interested in learning more about the Paramedic Training Program, fill out the following form or call 724-430-4217 with any questions.