This course is for current and aspiring personal care administrators or nurses, caregivers, and healthcare professionals who wish to fulfill continuing education requirements.
Penn State Fayette is pleased to be partnering with Penn State Abington, Penn State DuBois, and Penn State York to provide three different scheduling options for the PCHA 100 hour course. All courses are offered via Live ZOOM and cost $1450.
Satisfy continuing education requirements with a variety of professional development courses for nurses, administrators, direct-care staff, and other health care professionals.
In order to be hired and work as a Personal Care Home Administrator in Pennsylvania, you must be age 21, meet the educational requirements (see below), complete the 100-hour program, pass the test, and attend a one-day Department of Human Services Orientation. There is no fee for the orientation.
Educational requirements (must have one of the following):
- An associate degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university
- A license as a registered nurse from the Pennsylvania Department of State
- A license as a licensed practical nurse from the Pennsylvania Department of State and one year experience in a related field
- A license as a nursing home administrator from the Pennsylvania Department of State
- For a home serving eight or fewer residents, a general education development diploma or high school diploma and two years direct care or administrative experience in the human services field
You must attend a one-day Department of Human Services Orientation in addition to the 100-hour course. There is no fee for the orientation.
2022 PCH Orientation
Penn State Abington–Fall PCHA/ 14 weeks
Penn State DuBois–Fall PCHA/ 7 weeks
Penn State York–Fall PCHA/ 4 weekends
September 9 to October 2, 2022
Friday, Saturday, Sunday–times vary
Online using Zoom
Questions call: 717-771-4032
ATTENTION CURRENT PCHAs: Each of the classes in the Personal Care Home Administrator 100-Hour Training can be taken by PCHAs toward their annual 24 credit requirement. The cost per credit hour is just $15 and you can get your credits in the evening or Saturday. SPECIAL PRICE of $249 if you register for all 24 required CEUs.
Many US states and territories require professional licensure/certification to be employed. If you plan to pursue employment in a licensed profession after completing this program, please visit the Professional Licensure/Certification Disclosures by State interactive map.