In order for manufacturers to be competitive domestically and globally, their quantitative skills in math and technology need to be kept current. The goal of this class is to reinforce math skills and to apply math to everyday manufacturing scenarios. The use of real industry examples will be used throughout the course. (This course will be virtual via Zoom)
Topics to be covered:
- Rectangular and circular areas and volumes
- Pythagorean Theorem
- Ratios and proportions
- Angular calculations using Decimal Degree and Degree Minute Second
- Basic and easily-followed trigonometry
- Law of Sines to find missing leg sizes and angles for non 90-degree triangles
- Right triangle trigonometry
- Analyzing sample blueprints and sketches
- Measuring hand-sketched drawings of basic machine parts on graph paper
- Gear ratios and RPM calculations
If you are interested in learning more about this course, fill out the following form.
Please check back for training dates.