EET Program Educational Objectives
The Electrical Engineering Technology (2EET) major prepares graduates for technical positions in the expanding fields of electronics, computers and microprocessors, instrumentation, and electrical equipment. The primary objective is to provide a broad foundation of theoretical and practical knowledge in the areas of electrical and electronic circuits, digital circuits, computers, electrical machinery, and programmable logic controls. The program also articulates with Pennsylvania Department of Education-approved Tech Prep programs. Secondary students who have graduated from a program covered by a signed Penn State Articulation Agreement may be eligible for special admission procedures and /or advanced placement. The major prepares graduates who, during the first few years of professional practice, will:
- Apply analytical and empirical skills in the operation, testing, or maintenance of electrical systems.
- Collaborate effectively in project team activities through recognizing the global, societal, and ethical contexts of their work.
- Communicate effectively through preparation and delivery of technical and non-technical documentation and communications.
EET Program Student Outcomes
The EET program has adopted for its program student outcomes the outcomes as listed in the general criteria of the latest ETAC of ABET “Criteria for Accrediting Technology Programs.” These are the student outcomes and the descriptions:
- Apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline.
- Apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- Conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results.
- Function effectively as a member of a technical team.